A home based business is a great way to test the waters at becoming an entrepreneur. It is a venture with little overhead and a vast amount of opportunity. There are tons of people from a stay at home moms to the working class who find their passion and learn to capitalize on it while making a profit.
When seeking to start a home business, start with a plan. It’s important that you learn as much as you can. When I started my business over 20 years ago, finding help was literally impossible. First off, the internet was just surfacing. Today there are so many ways to learn and many more opportunities to succeed.
To help you get started, I’ve compiled a list of a few simple tips. I hope you find them of value and it gives you the courage to make your home based business work.
- Every success in business, no matter what size, begins with marketing. Tell everyone what you do and be proud of it. It is important to promote your business wherever you think you can drum up interest in the products and services you have to offer.
- Narrow down your target market. This is so important. Otherwise, you could be wasting your time with people who are not your customers. Your business cannot succeed unless your target customer base knows the business exist. Be specific in who needs and should have your products and/or services.
- There are plenty of places you can advertise for free. Yep, I said it, FREE! Start by posting messages on the internet just to get a feel of how people respond. Look for business or group pages on social media that are dedicated to subjects that are related to your business. This will drum up excitement and at the very least, you will get people curious about what you do.
- You must be consistent with posting online and talking about your business offline. Do not be spammy! If people don’t buy right away at least they will remember what you do. This also creates the opportunity for word of mouth marketing to other potential clients that may not be in your circle.
- The old school style of marketing is still impactful. Attend events, conferences, gatherings and think about joining membership groups related to your business. This allows you to network with other business people. Your network is your net worth! Always seek ways to maximize your opportunity to make business contacts on the client and the partner side.
By following these 5 simple steps, you will start your home based business off with a bang. Continue to learn and grow as you go and never be afraid to ask for help.
I am Nichelle Womack! As a people building, life transition & business strategist, I specialize in helping you reach your greatest potential through self-reliance and internal motivation. I provide inspiration through community speaking engagements, one on one consultation and group/team training. Positive thoughts and language are my fuel for energy and my desire to help you find yours. If you are interested in a free 15 minute session of coaching, contact me @ email@example.com. Many blessings and much success to you!! Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram and Periscope @NichelleWomack and download my podcast @ "The People Connect Podcast." I look forward to connecting with you very soon!