It has been said that everyone is not meant to be an entrepreneur. I beg to differ. Most people are entrepreneurs except they enjoy working and building the businesses of others instead of themselves. Therefore, they would be classified as intrapreneurs. There is nothing wrong with that if that is what you enjoy. Taking the plunge to self-reliance can be a hurdle, discouraging and down right depressing. However, the gratifying aspect of entrepreneurship outweighs all of that. There is no other profession that allows you flexibility, the ability to control your income and the desire to change the world and have your name stamped as the custom gold seal. Listed below are 5 reasons why most people are afraid to depend on themselves for financial survival and valued appreciation. Only the strong can conquer this narrow path.
- Fear of the unknown- This is the greatest barrier to the success of many. It dominates, manipulates and transpires the strong into dependent, weak individuals. When you are accustomed to receiving a salary, it’s difficult to transition to possibly not receiving one. The ups and downs can be unbearable if you are not prepared in advance. You can work your job while you build your dream. Learn everything you can on your job so that you know what to and not do in order to make your business thrive.
- No support from others- When others don’t support your viewpoint or your choice to leave a job and become an entrepreneur, it can be lonely. One may feel as though they are isolated from the “normal” way of doing things. When in actuality you are. Sometimes you are seeking someone to answer to and there is no one there but you. This may allow you to become distracted by the thoughts and opinions of others and often give up without giving your choice of life a chance.
- Not enough experience- Some of the richest business owners are college dropouts. Educational level is not indicative of success. However, there is a distinct characteristic that these individuals share. All were driven from one aspect or another. Their desire was greater than their fear and their belief in themselves carried them to success. So, don't allow your lack of not knowing be your excuse. There are many tools and resources to help you learn how to do what you want to do. In essence, don't recreate the wheel, just make it unique and your own.
- Time involved- Starting a business is typically not an overnight success. Even though the idea can be conceptualized during that time, developing it into a successful enterprise requires a significant amount of exclusion. You must remove yourself from all that is temporary in order to create your permanent way of life. The desire to start is always present, but to actually put the dream into action can be mind boggling, not to mention time consuming and possibly costly without the right information.
- Lack of direction- Starting without a defined plan confuses the beginning, the middle and the end. A business plan is essential for any business venture, small or large. Most people don’t know where to begin when seeking to start a business. Therefore, they give up before it is put on paper. It remains an imagination. Some often open up shop without research and baptize their business to be doomed from the beginning. You can't travel blind, nor can you succeed without seeing the light. Jot down ideas, look at what others have done and find out how to make it happen.
There are tons of businesses one can start. Some with little investment. Whatever business you decide on, you must be committed and determined to see it succeed. Entrepreneurship is like none other. There is a sense of pride that one has which causes you to stick your chest out with a sincere accomplishment that you made it happen. There's nothing like giving yourself a raise, a vacation or even retirement when you are in control of your destiny and not relying on an employer to do it. Those who attempt to seek the bright side of life often enjoy it so much that the thought of being under the leadership of someone else becomes frightening. These fears can become strengths with self-confidence, self-reliance, guidance, a plan and a whole bunch of faith. Be determined to achieve your goals and stay focused on what you want to accomplish. If you want it, you can have it with effort and action. By the size of a mustard seed, what you want is within reach.
I am Nichelle Womack. As a people building consultant, I specialize in helping you reach your greatest potential through self-reliance and internal motivation. I provide inspiration through online and community speaking engagements. Positive thoughts and language are my fuel for energy and my desire to help you find yours. Looking for more great life tips, check out "The Master Tip Manual for Personal Success" @http://amzn.to/1bWA7Vw . Many blessings and much success to you!! Check out my websites @ www.nichellewomack.com and www.diversecc.com. Connect with me on Twitter, Instagram & Periscope @NichelleWomack