Excuses are easy to make and they hold less responsibility. Think about how many you have made over your lifetime. I personally am guilty too. I never really understood how excuses affected my life until one particular day. Instead of making an excuse, I said why not. This was one of the best days I could remember in 2017. If I had made an excuse, I could have lost out on an amazing deal that literally has changed my life moving forward. Making decisions can be tough, especially when you are uncertain of the result. I've learned to be less reserved and more adventurous while making less excuses.
Listed below are some of the excuses that I've heard over the years. More importantly in 2017. I've even made a couple myself. I bring these to your attention to identify with where you are now and where you hope to be. Mindset is everything and everything is mindset. if you are not careful, your mind will play tricks on you to believe otherwise. You will consistently stay in a state of hoping, wishing and not doing. Get focused now by starting 2018 off right with The 5 Day Mindset Diet.
1. I don't have any money. The truth is money is available, but you may not be budgeting or spending appropriately. People spend money on things they want, but not necessarily on things they need. When I personally look at some of the things I've spent money on, I get sick to my stomach. Adding it all up, I've could have paid off some debt, taken a trip or invested in some coaching to assist me with making wiser decisions. If saving money is a problem for you, RIZE is a great place to start your savings journey. Out of sight, equals out of mind which equals more money. Interested in investing, check out ACORN.
Start making and earning some money...
2. If it's meant for me, it will happen. Well that's not always the case. If you don't respond, how do you know it's not for you. A lack of action leads to nothing happening. "Faith without action is dead." If you are sitting around waiting for that better relationship, that new job, that trip, to start that business or to do whatever. If you are not doing what's necessary for it to happen, it probably never will.
3. I ain't never heard of that so it must not be real. Well.. there are a lot of things in the world you will not hear of. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Google makes it easy for us to begin our own research to learn more about what you ain't never heard of. The key is to be open minded and receptive to learning and hearing about new things. A closed mind will never understand that opportunity is free, but a hustle comes with a cost. You either will pay on the front end or the back end. But nevertheless, you will pay.
There are over 7 billion people in the world, do you know all of them...
4. Who else is doing it? Why does it matter who else is doing it? Does it solidify you doing it? Too many people seek to fit in instead of standing out. Everything is not for everybody. Those who understand opportunity realize that only the ones who have the ability to take risk and respect a challenge are typically the one's who receive the reward.
5. I'm not good at sales. Shhhhhhh! You don't have to be good to make money! I bet you didn't know that. Not only is it one of the highest paid professions, many sales position don't require formal education. All you need is a hunger, a desire to help people and a winning attitude. 90% of excellent sales people have never read a book, but they know how to sell just about anything. I've been in some form of sales my whole life too and I tell you what, I've never returned a commission check because it was too small.
The reality is you probably have been selling stuff your whole life and just don't realize it. When you refer someone to a place, offer a suggestion or show someone how to do something, you are selling based on a suggestive or indirect sale and more than likely you are not being compensated for it. What a bummer!! Every coin chimes and every dollar folds. Your loss and someone else's gain. People get paid daily to refer people to a link, a site or a business. Look at how much money you've been missing referring people and sharing information. Interested in some referral income? Learn more here.
In today's society, you must diversify your skills in order to remain competitive....
Overall, I truly believe that you have not because you ask not. Changing your life or a situation requires you to not be afraid of the other side. Being open to change is not easy. But on the other hand, don't complain about what you are not willing to change. If you ever need one on one coaching to help you get out of your comfort zone and battle your fears, contact me here for a POWER CALL. Your next level is going to require another level of you.
I am Nichelle Womack. As a people building coach, lifestyle and business strategist, I specialize in helping you reach your greatest potential through self-reliance and pushing you to and through your internal greatness. I provide information, inspiration and motivation through online and offline community engagement, power speaking events and one on one consulting. Positive thoughts and language are my fuel for energy and my desire to help you find yours. Looking for more great life tips, check out "The Master Tip Manual for Personal Success". Many blessings and much success to you!! Connect with me on Instagram. Learn more about me and what I do to help you at The Start Up Ceo.