If you are not using LinkedIn to grow your business, you are missing out on a huge world of business opportunity. According to www.statista.com, during the most recently reported quarter, LinkedIn had 467 million members and is consistently growing. Which means this is a huge opportunity to connect with professional people.
LinkedIn is an amazing and useful business tool, and yet far too often its true value is overlooked. This is by far one of the best tools available so make sure that you take advantage of it. When using any social media platform, think strategy. Especially with LinkedIn. Since LinkedIn works on a referral basis, make certain you build relationships with others so that they may refer you.
1. Complete your profile – Your profile is at the heart of your online business branding. Your LinkedIn profile will almost always rank very well in a Google search. You want to have a solid profile because first impressions can make or break you. Make sure your profile is completely filled out with no missing information.
2. Connect with all in and out of your profession – You should connect with as many people as you can. Begin with those you know and trust and then you will be able to make recommendations to other users when they are looking for an introduction. If you want to find the opportunities that are out there, you need to keep your communication lines open on LinkedIn. The more connections you make the more you will be able to grow your business and improve your sales.
3. Create a call to action – It is easy to do and so important. You need to create a call to action on your profile. When people arrive and read what you have to say, they’ll feel inspired and much more likely to click through on your links that will take them to your website.
4. Make sure you are compelling – Most LinkedIn profiles will put you to sleep. There They are so boring and show nothing of the personality of the individual. Make your profile interesting and compelling. Tell people who you are, who the people are you help, what you offer for sale in services or products, and anything else that could be important to making you interesting for those that find your profile. Adding videos and other information to show your uniqueness will give you an advantage.
5. Recommend others and ask for recommendations – Give and you will receive. If you recommend then you will be recommended. When you recommend others without them asking you to do so, they return the favor and this will help to improve your profile and build credibility, which will improve your business profile.
6. Be and stay professional - This is a no brainer. Make certain your profile lives and represents your brand. Don't post anything that is offensive or that would come back to haunt you later on. Remember.. would your grandmother approve?
7. Post consistently and connect with your readers - Out of sight is out of mind. Just as with any other social platform, your presence is needed in order to build and grow relationships. Choose to diversify what you post. Motivation, inspiration, information and a little humor can go a long way.
8. Provide Resources About Your Business - Don't spam the platform or your readers. That's the quickest and easiest way to turn people off. In order to show your knowledge, provide information about things that are going on within your industry. Everything shouldn't be promotional. When the opportunity presents itself, offer something to attract your readers to your email list. Learn more about email marketing with the Email Marketing Success Bundle.
These 8 tips, even though they may seem so common, they are often so missed. The more you pay attention to the specifics, the more you will be able to differentiate yourself and connect with your target market, get referrals and grow your business. Listen LIVE here.
I am Nichelle Womack. As a people building coach, lifestyle and business strategist, I specialize in helping you reach your greatest potential through self-reliance and pushing you to and through your internal greatness. I provide information, inspiration and motivation through online and offline community engagement, power speaking events and one on one consulting. Positive thoughts and language are my fuel for energy and my desire to help you find yours. Looking for more great life tips, check out "The Master Tip Manual for Personal Success". Many blessings and much success to you!! Connect with me on Instagram. Learn more about me and what I do to help you at The Start Up Ceo.