For any business, online or offline, content marketing is the best and easiest way to get information to your clients or customers on a regular basis. This is also the perfect way to gain the trust of your customers and consistently increase your sales. The problem is choosing the most effective type of content and presenting it in an attention grabbing manner.
If you are seeking to grow your business in 2018, check out these tips on choosing the most effective content for your content marketing strategy.
1. Point out the competition’s mistakes. We all make mistakes, but people, in general, want to avoid painful experiences as much as possible. By pointing out all the ways your competitors fail to make life easier for your potential customers works to your advantage. Don't bash the competition, just show and tell why you are a better choice.
Content such as a top ten list on this kind of thing such as “10 most common mistakes” or “10 things you don’t want to do” are especially effective in driving people to you, rather than your competitor. I’m not saying you should specify or point fingers at specific competitors . That’s not professional. Instead, use general statements and point out what makes your company better than others. You never want to burn the bridges of others because you never know where it will lead. Keep the game clean, but competitive.
2. Give out industry “secrets.” Make it so specific to the customers needs and wants. Express how much it will help them if they had it and how it can help them with their problem. I always like to consider myself as a solutionist to the start up's problem. Honestly, there's really no secret to success but hard work. You can also create content with bullet point lists showing how to do things faster and easier or how to make something work better. It's fair game! Use what you have to stand out and differentiate yourself.
People love lists about things because lists are easy to filter through and pick out those points that pertain to them specifically. They also help people retain the information.
3. Organize it for them. One of the biggest hurdles for some people is the organization of certain things. Do the work for them by giving them plans and ways to organize things to make their life simpler. If you can make something straightforward and easy for someone, they will appreciate it and repay you with their business.
4. Answer common questions. When you're discussing a common problem or situation, do people tend to have the same questions. By providing the answers before someone even asks the questions, you make them feel more comfortable. It gives them the impression your company truly cares about them and their needs because you’ve taken the time to learn what they want or need. Is your business ready for 2018? Take this assessment in order to find out.
5. Latest trends reports. The latest and greatest is always in demand. This is a way to help your clients and customers keep up to date with the latest information from your company. This type of content lists the newest information or technologies and explains them in an easy to understand fashion.
6. Get proactive with social media. Unless you've been under a rock, social media is the new media for engagement, advertisement and building a profitable business. The right strategy is consistency. The more you show up, the more you will get noticed. Build relationships and get to know the people you are connected to.
Don't be overly pushy and don't forget to ask for the sale. After all, your business won't grow if no one knows what you do. There are so many great resources available to assist you in growing your online platform and be more strategic in your business practice. Landing pages are key. Especially if you don't have a website. They are cheaper and easy to create and maintain. Landing Monkey is a great place to start. It's easy to learn and operate. SociLiveStream offers better engagement on Live stream while reaching multiple platforms. InstaStories is another video creation that will help you dominate Live streaming., more specifically, Instagram.
Effective content marketing is all about continually giving the client or customer whatever information they deem useful. It demonstrates to prospects your company is paying attention to the needs of their clients and responding in an resourceful and expeditious manner. If the frequency and/or quality of information begins to slow down, your client base will begin to find another source of information, taking their sales dollars with them.
Making use of a freelance writing service is a good way to fulfill the needs of consistent and effective content writing. By using writers to help create your content, you can easily continue to provide fresh, new content. Once you have the articles, reports and other documents, offer them to your customers freely through email or a blog. Not only will your customers thank you in replies and comments but, more importantly, with their continued loyalty.
Be different, stand out and grow your business consistently. If you need assistance growing your business, check out my resources to help you start, market and grow your business. Are you social? Connect with me on Instagram for tips, motivation, inspiration and motivation.
Until next time blessings and peace,